Two Bedrooms - 1 Queen 1 Twin Share Fully equipped kitchen & laundry Breakfast goodies supplied T.V. CD & Radio Wood Fire Reverse cycle airconditioning & heating Outdoor courtyard
OAKHILL COTTAGE & TRUFFIERE
The land on which Oakhill Cottage has been established was owned in 1857 by Henry Costin who ran a sawmill nearby. Mr Costin donated the land to the Catholic Church and intended it to be the site of a new Church but was eventually used for a presbytery finally built in 1886. The site of the building can be clearly seen admist the group of old trees below the present house. We believe these trees were left over from the establishment of the Ballarat Botanic Gardens. In 1914 a new Presbytery was built nearer the Church and the building here became a Convent housing 3 Sisters who taught at the local School. The building was removed in 1927 and the property became a Dairy Farm. We purchased the property in 2002 by which time it had become infested with blackberry, ferns and rabbits. We started the process of restoration and the planting of our Truffle Orchard. Our first Truffle was produced in 2012. We lived in Oakhill Cottage until 2007 when our new house was finished and the Cottage became a B&B.
Short History
Home Facilities Truffle Hunts Gallery Contact us